Tuesday, March 9, 2010

View from the Balcony 10/03/2010

It is 6:30 in the morning and the clean washed balcony doors are wide open and the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore are filling the lounge with a beautiful energy filled background sound of might and power. Upon closing my eyes and just listening, I feel ... 'alive'.

Stepping out onto the balcony, I hear a slight crunching sound. I look down only to see masses of tiny hard pieces of compressed paper lying all over the balcony floor. I look at GTF's litter tray only to see that during the night he played pyramid building and one piece of creation had overflowed onto the floor tiles and the pieces then ran amuck, being driven by whatever breeze was passing by.

I turned around to get a broom and pan, only to sight GTF lying under the lounge coffee table with eyes half closed purring loudly as if to say, 'Yep, that was all my work, doesn't it look great'.

After cleaning up the stray litter, I then was able to admire the panoramic scene that mother nature had for me to enjoy. A scene that was on a far greater scale than the one that GTF was able to create. A bit like comparing 'Avitar' to 'Steamboat Willy' if you catch my drift.

Above the horizon line the sun has already risen past an elongated bank of white cloud and was now shining forth through a thin veil of sea mist. The sea has a gentle swell to it and the waves are breaking for the first time, some 50 metres from the shore, and then they repeat the manoeuvre a second time as they crash against the sandy beach line, and then race up towards the dunes, only to disappear from sight far short of their goal.

The Esplanade is playing host to both joggers and walkers and the grassy picnic areas are also home to a few fitness group activities and looking to the right I can see a number of surfers enjoying a swell time at the Point.

At the rear, the Hinterland is fully alive, having cast aside the night blanket of mist. The rippling cover of the greens from the various trees give a soothing look to this great sight.

Yes, it is going to be another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment