Thursday, April 1, 2010

View from the Balcony 02/04/2010

Here it is, it is Easter Friday already. My how the year is racing along.

As I stand out on the Balcony with a coolish breeze that originated well behind the Hinterland range and is in a hurry to end up at to me an unknown overseas destination, ruffling my track jacket and pants and playing tag with the potted plants on its way past, I cannot but think how easy it is to get swept up in things.

Today of all days, many years ago, mankind was swept up with a misplaced zeal that saw the saviour of the world being crucified upon a hill alongside others who according to the laws of the time deserved to die in this manner because of their actions. In Jesus case it was different. He was there to pay the price for our actions. Even his father in heaven could not look upon him as that price was paid in full.

I was reminded of the three hours of darkness by the solid wall of grey cloud that is stretched along the horizon. I cannot see through it. I know that there is light on the other side and that it is only a matter of time before that grey blockade falls away and I can see the sun in all its splendour for myself without any obstruction.

So it is in our own lives, that wall of sin will fall away as you enter into a personal relationship with the one who paid the price so that mankind can as individuals come into a personal relationship with the Creator of the universe, but this can only happen if we are willing to accept and to appreciate what he has done on our behalf, and in acknowledgement hand over our lives for him to direct and live through.

Hmmm, time to step back inside and to do some more reflecting on how my life has changed from that of a very angry young man who so many years ago at the age of 19 went and put a 45 bullet through his chest in a vain endeavour to end his miserable existence. Only to miraculously survive and live to be able to enter the joy of being able to accept what Jesus did on his behalf and to enter into a personal relationship with God as his son.

Now that is a family relationship that you don't want to miss out on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment